Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Islam Papers - interesting, very interesting...

A new blog has appeared in the dawahsphere - The Islam Papers. It claims to "host a collection of really interesting  articles, papers and posts".
My attention was drawn to the Islam Papers by a kindly soul who commented on my post Embryology in the Qur'an..."
"Islampapers.com has an interesting article on Was Al-Harith the Source of the Prophet's embryologcal knowledge. very interesting!"
Now this commenter was really on the ball, since the Islam Papers has only just gone on line - in fact its first ever post was October 2nd.
Intrigued, I visited Islam Papers and read the article. I shall publish a proper response shortly, but just so my readers are aware of how the Islamic miracle-seekers of the iERA et al work, I hereby make a prediction:
That Islam Papers turns out to be run and financed by our friends at the Islamic Education and Research Association (iERA) and that the over-enthusiastic commenter on my article turns out to be a member of both Islam Papers and the iERA.

So what is my gripe, you may ask.
Just this, that if Islam Papers is, as I strongly suspect, a blog run by and funded by the iERA, then it should surely admit as much and not pretend by omission to be an objective collection of "interesting articles" which thus run the risk of being taken by readers to be a dispassionate examination of the miracle claims of the Qur'an.

Addendum: I've left a comment on the Islamic Papers post on embryology. It reads as follows:
 If it is indeed the case that the translations you offer are possible and likely, can you explain why the most lauded and revered modern translation of the Qur’an by Professor Muhammad A S Abdel Haleem at the SOAS at the University of London has man emerging from between the backbone and the ribs instead of the spurting fluid/nutfah?
Will Hamza allow it, do you think?

5 comments:

  1. It's not there yet - I've just checked (26-10-11).
    So much for free debate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. IslamPapers.com: My name is Miah and this is my first ever blog site.

    The site has nothing to do with iERA or Mr Hamza and (truth be told!) I've never met or spoken to Mr Hamza. I used my pocket money (savings) to run the site. I update it as and when I get time.

    You seem have an unhealthy obession with iERA and Mr. Hamza. Conspiracy theories!

    Many thanks for the publicity though as I wasn't getting any hits since going live (1-2 hits a day). I'm getting more hits now! Please get a life and stop fanatsing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment, Miah. I'm intrigued therefore why your site seems to consist of articles written by Hamza and adverts for Hamza's lectures.
    Perhaps you could elucidate.
    PS Glad I've helped get you some hits...

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS I notice you haven't yet allowed my comment on your (Hamza's) article on embryology to be published.
    I'd be interested to hear your response...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great pity that Islam Papers have closed the comments for the article by Hamza on embryology.
    One has to ask why. Is Miah worried that his readers may be exposed to some worrying contradictions? - See my next post.
    Are Islam miracle seekers really so unsure of their facts that they have to stifle debate?

    ReplyDelete